Hold on tight to your greens.
Chickens love to snack on leafy greens, fruit, and yard scraps. But if these goodies aren’t held in place, they get tossed around, dragged through the dirt, and left to compost far too soon.
The Peck-It-Clean™ Veggie Feeder holds these treats tight.
The resistance it provides lets your chickens eat more naturally and efficiently, keeping your flock active and capturing valuable nutrition for both them and their eggs.
What you get.
Your Peck-It-Clean Veggie Feeder arrives ready to install and use. The package includes the following:
- One black epoxy-coated steel grid panel. Because it’s black, it blends visually into the background. Openings are each about 1-1/2″ square — small enough to hold the veggies and greens, yet big enough for your chickens to get a nice bite.
- 8 black UV-resistant zip ties (four needed, four spares). These attach the bottom edge of the grid panel to the wire mesh/fencing of your coop or run.
- One black, UV-resistant shock cord, cut to length. This little bungee cord attaches the top edge of the feeder to the wire mesh/fencing of the coop. Secure the cord ends together with the toggle and adjust for tension.
- One black toggle with stainless steel spring for outdoor use.
- Instruction sheet. Not that it’s hard to figure out, but we include basic instructions and tips so that you can be sure you’re doing it right. We also include information on how to return/exchange an item should it arrive damaged.
Mounts easily inside your coop or run.
See how easy it is to install:
- Attach. Fasten the bottom of the grid panel to the wire mesh/fencing on the side of your chicken coop or run. (See Q&A below for mounting to a solid wall.)
- Tie and tighten. Secure the top of the panel with the UV resistant cord and add tension with the toggle.
- Fill. . . and watch your chickens peck it clean! It will instantly be your most favorite thing in the coop (next to your chickens, of course).
Unlike with a suet cage feeder, which is quite small and requires two free hands to open and close, you can fill your Peck-It-Clean Veggie Feeder with one hand.
And because the Peck-It-Clean is wedge shaped rather than a basket or cage (such as hay feeders and suet cages), it keeps loose fruits and veggies held tight even as your chickens eat them down!
Chickens vs. veggies. No contest.
Watch our chickens destroy half of a large zucchini in the Veggie Feeder. The footage is sped up to 20x — one slice of fruit kept them active and engaged for 20 minutes!
We call this one “Bok Joy”. . .