Clean water that lasts.
Eva tells you all about our chicken waterers in the video below, or you can read on for the details:
- FDA-approved, fully recyclable plastic bucket. Made in the USA. Our poultry waterers are made of certified food-grade black HDPE plastic with strong metal handles for hanging. (See Questions below for why they’re black.)
- Durable stainless-steel nipples. The 3.5-gallon chicken waterer has three push-in style nipples fitted into the bottom of the container with a silicone grommet for a tight, long-lasting seal. The poultry nipples have a stainless-steel mechanism encased within a hard-plastic outer casing. Each nipple is adequate for around 10–15 chicks or chickens to share, so your birds can keep themselves well hydrated.
- Recloseable lids. A removable lid protects the water from being soiled while hanging in your brooder, coop, or chicken yard.
- Hooks or cage mount for hanging. Your chicken drinker come swith two pairs of hooks, so you can hang them anywhere. Ceiling hooks attach beneath a structure, screwing directly into the wood. Wall-mount hooks attach to the face of a wall and come with four 3/4″ screws for attaching.
- Changing base. Because the nipples extend from the bottom of the waterer, you need a base to set it on when changing the water. We include a wood block with your chicken waterer for this purpose. You could also use a brick, cinder block, flower pot, or anything that elevates the base of the container an inch or more off the ground.
- Instruction sheet. Not that it’s hard to figure out, but we include basic instructions and tips so that you can be sure you’re doing it right. We also include information on how to return/exchange an item should it arrive damaged.
See the poultry nipple waterer in action.
As you can see in the video below, some chickens are more graceful at it than others. But they all figure it out. 🙂
What are the dimensions of the 3.5-gallon chicken drinker?
The 3.5-gallon waterer measures 17.5″ from the top of the fully extended handle to bottom of the nipples. The bucket, with closed lid, measures 11″ from top to bottom and has a diameter of 12″.
Empty, the 3.5-gallon waterer weighs just under 2 pounds. Water weighs roughly 8 lbs. per gallon, so if you fill the container to capacity, you’re looking at about 32 pounds. Keep in mind, if you are moving the waterer, you should not fill it beyond the point where you can comfortably lift and carry it.
The hooks we include with your waterer are more than strong enough to hold the weight when properly secured to a suitable support surface. The ceiling hooks are rated to hold up to 50 pounds each (100 lbs. for the pair). The wall-mount hooks are rated to hold 100 pounds each (200 lbs. for the pair).