This episode of Growing a Greener World on modern homesteading aired a while back, but I just came across it again on Northwest Edible Life and wanted to point you to it. Click here to read the post and watch the show.
It features two of my favorite chicken/gardening writers and a closer look at the worlds they’ve created in their backyards — Jessi Bloom, author of Free-Range Chicken Gardens, and Erica Strauss, author of The Hands-On Home as well as the blog linked above. (See our Buyer’s Guide for links to their books.)
Topics covered include:
- Deep-litter method
- Free-range vs. confined range
- Keeping ducks and chickens together
- Involving your kids in garden and chicken chores
- Making your home more productive
- Perennials vs. annuals for growing your own food
- Tips about growing backyard fruit, and more. . .
Enjoy the tours, interviews, and inspiration!